How do I fix an Avast error?
We recommend immediately following the steps below to re-enable protection:
- Click Restart AntiVirus on the error message to try and reload the application.
- If you still see the error message, restart your PC.
- If you still see the error message, try repairing Avast Antivirus.
How do I repair Avast installation?
Right-click your version of Avast Antivirus, then select Uninstall from the drop-down menu. If prompted for permission by the User Account Control dialog, click Yes. When the Avast Setup wizard appears, click Repair. Click Yes to authorize the repair.
How do I remove exceptions from Avast?
- Open Avast Antivirus and go to ☰ Menu ▸ Settings.
- Select General ▸ Exceptions.
- Hover the cursor over the relevant exception, then select an option: Pencil icon: to edit the exception. Trash icon: to remove the exception from your list. The list updates automatically.
Is Avast better than Windows Defender?
Q #1) Is Windows Defender better than Avast? Answer: AV- comparatives conducted tests and the results showed that while the detection rate for Windows Defender was 99.5%, Avast anti-virus led by detecting 100% of malware. Avast also has a lot of advanced features that are not available on Windows Defender.
Is it worth paying for Avast?
Is Avast a good antivirus solution? On the whole, yes. Avast is a good antivirus and provides a decent level of security protection. The free version comes with lots of features, although it doesn’t protect against ransomware.
What happened to Avast Antivirus?
The company sells both the Avast product line and the acquired AVG-branded products. As of late 2017, the company had merged the AVG and Avast business product lines and were working to integrate the corporate departments from both companies.
How do I reinstall Avast free antivirus?
Double-click the Avast setup file to begin reinstalling the program. If you no longer have the setup file, download it from the Avast website (see Resources). If you purchased Avast Pro Antivirus or Avast Internet Security, you can download the setup file again for free.
Does Avast cause problems with Windows 10?
One of the frequent Avast Antivirus issues in Windows 10 is when the Action Center doesn’t recognize Avast. In such a case, you will get pop-up messages in the down right side of your screen saying “Windows Defender and Avast Antivirus are both turned off,’ or ‘Windows did not find an antivirus program“.
What is the best Antivirus for Windows 10?
The best Windows 10 antivirus you can buy
- Kaspersky Anti-Virus. The best protection, with few frills. …
- Bitdefender Antivirus Plus. Very good protection with lots of useful extras. …
- Norton AntiVirus Plus. For those who deserve the very best. …
- ESET NOD32 Antivirus. …
- McAfee AntiVirus Plus. …
- Trend Micro Antivirus+ Security.
Which is the best antivirus for PC?
To help protect your Windows computer, here’s the Best Antivirus Software of 2021:
- #1 Bitdefender.
- #2 Kaspersky.
- #3 Webroot.
- #3 Norton.
- #5 Trend Micro.
- #6 McAfee.
- #6 ESET.
- #8 Avast.
Why I cant open my Avast Antivirus?
Locate Avast in Control Panel or Settings and click on Uninstall/Repair. Its uninstall wizard should open with several options such as Update, Repair, Modify, and Uninstall. Select Repair and click Next in order to fix the installation of the program.
How do I stop Avast from blocking a program?
To change which Avast features block an application:
- Hover your cursor over the listed application, then click the … (three dots) icon that appears, and select Change blocked features.
- Tick or untick the Avast features that you want to always block access for this application, then click Change.
How do I allow a website through Avast firewall?
How to add a website exception in Avast
- Launch Avast, go to Menu.
- Select Settings.
- Head to Exceptions.
- Click Add Exception.
- Write the website domain and click Add Exception.
- The website has been added on the Avast exception list.
How do I allow a program through Avast firewall?
To add an application to an existing group:
- Open Avast Antivirus and go to Protection ▸ Firewall.
- Click Application settings at the bottom of the screen.
- Click New application rule and select a group (vendor).
- Locate and select the executable file of the application you want to add.