What is an unmanaged client?
In most cases, unmanaged clients connect to your network intermittently or not at all. The primary computer user must update the client software, security policies, and virus definitions on the unmanaged client computer. The unmanaged client can get content updates from the Internet and LiveUpdate.
How do I change Symantec Endpoint Protection client from unmanaged to managed?
3. RE: Convert to Unmanaged to managed
- Copy of the file Sylink.xml from the server from C:Program FilesSymantecSymantec Endpoint Protection Managerdataoutboxagent
- On the client computer , click Start > Run, type smc -stop, and click OK.
- Copy the Sylink. …
- Click Start > Run, type smc -start, and click OK.
What is unmanaged detector Symantec?
When a client is set as an Unmanaged Detector, it locates unmanaged clients on its own local network segment and reports them to Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager. An Unmanaged Detector cannot detect unmanaged clients on network segments other than its own.
How do I activate Symantec Endpoint Protection unmanaged client?
To license an unmanaged client 1 Locate and create a copy of your current Symantec Licensing File (. SLF). Use the same file that you used to activate your license on the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager. 2 On the client computer, place the copied license file into the Symantec Endpoint Protection client inbox.
What is an unmanaged endpoint?
An unmanaged endpoint will have one of the following statuses: Managed by another OfficeScan server. No OfficeScan client installed. Unreachable. Unresolved Active Directory assessment.
How do you tell if Symantec Endpoint Protection is managed or unmanaged?
In the Management panel, under General Information, next to Server, look for the following information:
- If the client is managed, the Server field displays either the management server’s address or the text Offline. …
- If the client is unmanaged, the Server field is Self-managed.
To use the SylinkDrop tool to apply the Sylink. xml file
- Copy the SylinkDrop.exe file to the desktop of the client you want to be managed. …
- Double-click SylinkDrop.exe.
- When prompted to select a Sylink.
How do you find unmanaged clients in Sepm 14?
To install clients using the “Find Unmanaged Clients” tool in Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager, follow the below steps:
- Click the Clients tab in the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager.
- In the left pane select Find Unmanaged Computers under the Tasks.
How do I know when Symantec Endpoint Protection expires?
RE: How To Find The Licence Expiry Date
Logon to SEPM under Admin go to License Tab there you can see the details of the license.
How do I find my Symantec license key?
To check whether you have a paid license or trial license, in the console, do one of the following tasks:
- Click. Admin. > Licenses. .
- Click. Home. > Licensing Details. .
What is Symantec Endpoint Protection license?
A Symantec Endpoint Protection license applies to the Symantec Endpoint Protection clients. For instance, in a network with 50 endpoints, the license must provide for a minimum of 50 seats. Instances of the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager do not require a license.