Which of the following is not a vulnerability?
9. Which of the following is not a vulnerability of the network layer? Explanation: Weak or non-existent authentication is a vulnerability of the session layer. Route spoofing, identity & resource ID vulnerability & IP Address Spoofing are examples of network layer vulnerability.
What are the 3 threats to information security?
Information Security threats can be many like Software attacks, theft of intellectual property, identity theft, theft of equipment or information, sabotage, and information extortion.
What is a vulnerability in information security?
Definition(s): Weakness in an information system, system security procedures, internal controls, or implementation that could be exploited or triggered by a threat source.
Which one is a DONT of information security?
DON’T post any private or sensitive information, such as credit card numbers, passwords or other private information, on public sites, including social media sites, and DON’T send it through email unless authorized to do so. DO use privacy settings on social media sites to restrict access to your personal information.
Which of the following is not a strong security protocol?
Which of the following is not a strong security protocol? Explanation: SMTP (is abbreviated as Simple Mail Transfer Protocol) is a standard protocol to transmit electronic mail and is a widely used mail transmitting protocol.
Which of the following is not a vulnerability of the transport layer?
Which of the following is not a transport layer vulnerability? Explanation: The different vulnerabilities of the Transport layer are mishandling of undefined, poorly defined, Vulnerability that allow “fingerprinting” & other enumeration of host information, Overloading of transport-layer mechanisms etc.
What are the types of security risk?
15 Common Cybersecurity Risks
- 1 – Malware. We’ll start with the most prolific and common form of security threat: malware. …
- 2 – Password Theft. …
- 3 – Traffic Interception. …
- 4 – Phishing Attacks. …
- 5 – DDoS. …
- 6 – Cross Site Attack. …
- 7 – Zero-Day Exploits. …
- 8 – SQL Injection.
What are types of threats?
Threats can be classified into four different categories; direct, indirect, veiled, conditional.
What are the different types of information threats?
The main types of cyber threats are:
- Distributed denial of service (DDoS)
- Man in the Middle (MitM)
- Social engineering.
- Malware and spyware.
- Password attacks.
- Advanced persistent threats (APT)
What are the 4 main types of vulnerability in cyber security?
Security Vulnerability Types
- Network Vulnerabilities. These are issues with a network’s hardware or software that expose it to possible intrusion by an outside party. …
- Operating System Vulnerabilities. …
- Human Vulnerabilities. …
- Process Vulnerabilities.
How many types of vulnerability are there?
There are four (4) main types of vulnerability: 1. Physical Vulnerability may be determined by aspects such as population density levels, remoteness of a settlement, the site, design and materials used for critical infrastructure and for housing (UNISDR).
What are the dos and donts of cyber security?
Avoid creating common passwords such as your name, social security, UNI, etcetera. Do not leave your laptop unattended, even for a few minutes. Never reply to e-mail(s) requesting financial or personal information. Avoid opening e-mail(s) or e-mail attachments from an unknown sender.
What are some of the things which you should not do as a part of information security?
Don’t store personal data on laptops, smart phones, tablets or other mobile devices. Secure your mobile device with a password or PIN. Set an inactivity timeout and encrypt.
What are some things to avoid in the cyber world?
6 Things Not To Do On The Internet
- Providing Your Personal Information To Unauthenticated Sources. …
- Downloading Applications That Capture Unnecessary Information From Users. …
- Stealing content for commercial use. …
- Using Public Wi-Fi. …
- Responding to persuasive E-mails. …
- Joining arguments on social media.