How do I remove password protection from antivirus?
To disable password protection:
- Open the application settings window.
- In the left part of the window, select the Advanced Settings section. …
- In the Password protection section, click the Settings button. …
- Clear the Enable password protection check box.
- Click the OK button.
How can I remove Avast antivirus password?
Reset Avast Passwords
- Open Avast Antivirus and select Privacy ▸ Passwords.
- When prompted to enter your Master Password, click Settings in the top right corner of the screen.
- Click Reset Avast Passwords and delete my data.
- Click Delete to confirm.
- Avast Passwords is now reset.
How do I remove Avira Password Manager?
To remove the password protection you have to edit the file AVWIN. INI.
- Go to C:ProgramDataAviraAntivirusCONFIG.
- Right-click on the AVWIN. INI file and open it with the Editor.
- Edit the file under the entry [COMMON] Password= SecurityExtension=0x00000000.
- Save and close the file.
- Restart your PC. Support. Get Help.
How do I remove password protection from Windows 10?
How to turn off the password feature on Windows 10
- Click the Start menu and type “netplwiz.” The top result should be a program of the same name — click it to open. …
- In the User Accounts screen that launches, untick the box that says “Users must enter a name and password to use this computer.” …
- Hit “Apply.”
How do I remove a protected program?
Click “Programs,” and then click “Programs and Features” for Vista and Windows 7. Search the program list for the password-protected program you want to uninstall. Click on it. Click the “Uninstall” button for Vista and Windows 7.
How do I remove Avast Antivirus from my computer?
Uninstall via the Windows Start menu
- Right-click the Windows Start button and select Apps and Features from the menu that appears.
- Ensure that Apps & features is selected in the left panel, then click Avast Free Antivirus, and select Uninstall.
How do I completely remove Avast?
Launch the Control Panel and go to Programs. Then click on Uninstall a program. Select Avast and then click on the Uninstall button. Restart your computer.
How do I get rid of Avast virus?
How to remove a virus from a PC
- Enter Safe Mode on your PC. You’ll first need to restart in Safe Mode, which limits your computer to the basic operations that it needs to function. …
- Remove any temporary files. …
- Scan the system for viruses. …
- Recover any damaged software and data.
How do I cancel my Avira antivirus?
Cancel your Avira subscription
- Log In to your Avira account.
- Click Subscriptions in the left-hand menu bar.
- Click See details under the product name.
- Click the toggle button to switch off the subscription.
What is Avira Password Manager?
Avira Password Manager saves your passwords and unlike browsers, it encrypts them before securely storing them in the cloud. You can access all your accounts with just one master password and manage them from your online dashboard.
Is it safe to uninstall antivirus?
As long as you have a good antivirus running and your firewall is enabled, you’re mostly fine, regardless of whatever marketing-speak they throw at you when you try to uninstall it. Do yourself a favor and keep your computer clean.
How do I find out what antivirus software is on my computer?
The status of your antivirus software is typically displayed in Windows Security Center.
- Open Security Center by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking Security, and then clicking Security Center.
- Click Malware protection.
How do I get rid of antivirus pop up on Windows 10?
How to stop pop-ups in Windows 10 in your browser
- Open Settings from Edge’s options menu. …
- Toggle the “Block pop-ups” option from the bottom of the “Privacy & security” menu. …
- Uncheck the “Show Sync Provider Notifications” box. …
- Open your “Themes and Related Settings” menu.