What must be completed prior to using a personal fall protection system?
Inspect your personal fall protection system before each use. Protect the protective equipment from damage where possible (e.g., make sure the lifeline or lanyard is protected during use from sharp edges, heat, flame or corrosive substances).
What are the requirements that a fall protection plan must meet?
What to Include in Your Fall Protection Plan
- State information about the job site. …
- Assess the fall hazards on site. …
- Outline the fall arrest or restraint methods and fall protection equipment being used. …
- Outline the assembly, maintenance, inspection, and disassembly procedures for equipment being used.
What are OSHA’s three steps to fall protection?
Fall Protection in Three Steps: Plan, Provide, Train
- Performing a thorough hazard analysis to determine the areas of risk;
- Engineering out the hazards if possible;
- Implementing fall prevention systems such as guardrails, handrails and warning lines wherever possible;
- Selecting appropriate fall arrest equipment;
What should I inspect for fall protection?
Inspect all hardware including, but not limited to, hooks, buckles and D-rings. Look for any cracks or malfunction.
- Stitching and webbing. …
- Broken strands. …
- Inspect all hooks, D-rings and all other metal parts. …
- Destroy and replace all worn or damaged equipment.
What must be done before a harness and lanyard are used?
If it has been determined that the employee needs to wear a harness and lanyard, they must first be trained in how to use and inspect this critical piece of personal safety equipment. Prior to putting on any harness, it must be inspected. … Yes, this means all harness users must perform a daily inspection.
What is fall protection equipment?
Fall Protection Safety Gear & Equipment. Fall protection gear and equipment is equipment that is used to protect people working at-height from falling or in the event of a fall. You need fall protection to stay safe and compliant on the job site.
How can workplace falls be prevented?
How to prevent falls due to slips and trips?
- cleaning all spills immediately.
- marking spills and wet areas.
- mopping or sweeping debris from floors.
- removing obstacles from walkways and always keeping walkways free of clutter.
- securing (tacking, taping, etc.) …
- always closing file cabinet or storage drawers.