How do you see what Windows Defender is scanning?
Where can I find scan results? To see the Windows Defender Offline scan results: Select Start , and then select Settings > Update & Security > Windows Security > Virus & threat protection .
How do I check my Windows Defender activity?
To view a Microsoft Defender Antivirus event
- Open Event Viewer.
- In the console tree, expand Applications and Services Logs, then Microsoft, then Windows, then Windows Defender.
- Double-click on Operational.
- In the details pane, view the list of individual events to find your event.
How do I access Windows Defender history?
Click the “use Windows Defender” link in the Settings app to access Windows Defender, and then click over to the History tab. Click “View details” to view detected malware. You can see the name of the malware and when it was found and quarantined.
How do I monitor Windows Defender?
You can use Microsoft Endpoint Manager to monitor Microsoft Defender Antivirus or create email alerts. Or, you can monitor protection using Microsoft Intune. If you have a third-party security information and event management (SIEM) server, you can also consume Windows Defender client events.
Is Windows Defender enough 2021?
In essence, Windows Defender is good enough for your PC in 2021; however, this was not the case sometime ago. Previously the antivirus program was not sophisticated enough to handle modern threats. It also used to crash a lot during updates, which has, unfortunately, giving it a bad reputation even in 2020.
How do I check for virus history?
To view the history:
- On the main page, click Settings.
- Select Computer > Virus and spyware scanning .
- Click View virus and spyware history.
How do I view scan history in Windows 10?
You may check the the scan history by following these steps:
- Open Windows Defender Security Center.
- Click Virus & threat protection.
- Select the Scan history label.
How do I view quarantined files in Windows Defender Windows 10?
If you are certain a quarantined file is not a threat, you can restore it.
- Open Windows Security.
- Select Virus & threat protection and then click Protection history.
- In the list of all recent items, filter on Quarantined Items.
- Select an item you want to keep, and take an action, such as restore.
How do I turn on Windows Defender antivirus?
Turn on real-time and cloud-delivered protection
- Select the Start menu.
- In the search bar, type Windows Security. …
- Select Virus & threat protection.
- Under Virus & threat protection settings, select Manage settings.
- Flip each switch under Real-time protection and Cloud-delivered protection to turn them on.
Is Windows Defender good enough?
Windows Defender offers some decent cybersecurity protection, but it’s nowhere near as good as most premium antivirus software. … Windows’s antivirus has some serious problems in terms of online security, multi-device protection, poor-quality updates, and malware protection.