How do I get my Pontiac out of theft mode?
The keyless entry remote and the ignition key are required to reset the anti-theft system.
- Exit the vehicle and stand next to the driver’s side front door. …
- Press and hold the lock and unlock buttons on the keyless entry remote until the horn honks once and the lights flash briefly.
How do I reset my anti-theft system?
Exit the car with all doors closed and the windows rolled up. Also close and any rear doors such as the trunk, rear hatch and front hood. Lock the car using the drivers side lock and walk away from the car at least ten feet. Wait for fifteen minutes and unlock the door, this should reset the security system.
How do I get my Pontiac G6 out of theft mode?
Turn the G6 key in your ignition from “On” to “Off” while holding the “Lock” button, and do two more cycles of “On” and “Off” in quick succession.
How do you bypass the anti-theft system on a 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix?
start outside your car with all of the doors closed. hold the lock and unlock on your keyfob together until it honks and flashes the lights. get in and turn the key to on, but don’t start the car. give it a good 30 seconds until the security lights aren’t flashing…you should be able to start after that.
How do I know if my car is in anti theft mode?
If the security or anti-theft light is flashing when you attempt to start your car, and the engine does not crank or does not start, you have an anti-theft problem. The system may not be recognizing your key or keyless entry signal, or there may be a fault in the anti-theft module, keyless entry system or wiring.
How do I disable GM Anti-theft system?
How to Disable a GM PassLock System
- Leave the ignition key turned to the “On” position after the vehicle has stalled and will not start.
- Look at the dashboard and locate the theft system light. …
- Turn the ignition to the “Off” position to disable the PassLock system, and wait for 20 seconds for the system to reset.
How do you bypass a security system?
Bypass a Zone
- Enter the following: Your 4-digit code. The number 6 (bypass button) Two-digit zone number of the zone you want to bypass. (01, 02, 03, etc.)
- Repeat this process for all zones you would like to bypass.
- Once your system is disarmed, this process will need to be repeated in order to arm your system again.
How do I reset my alarm without the code?
How to reset a house alarm without a code or you’ve lost it?
- Go to your alarm system’s main access panel.
- Remove the power plug to the alarm console from the socket.
- Unlock and open the main panel with the console access key, or a small tool, such as a screw.
- Disconnect one of the wires from the system’s main battery.
the ‘set/reset’ button is the bottom left button that is an arrow pointing left.
What does the car with the lock symbol mean?
The lock and car symbol and warning light you are seeing is saying that the anti-theft system has been activated. … If the anti-theft system is stopping the vehicle from wanting to start, it may be contributing to the starting issues. The first thing you should do is try to deactivate the security system.
How do you reset the security system on a 2003 Pontiac Grand Am?
Turn the ignition key to the “Off” position for 10 seconds. 3. Repeat this process 3 times. This should reset the Security light/system and allow you to start your car.
How do you reset the computer on a 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix?
Open the hood and turn off the Grand Prix’s engine. Disconnect the battery from the vehicle using a socket wrench. Wait three minutes. Reconnect the battery and turn the engine on to check the ABS light.