How do I raise my safeguarding alert UK?

How do you raise a safeguarding alert?

A Safeguarding Alert can however be made by any person. It might be made by the person who is at risk, a friend or family member, a member of the public, a paid carer, a volunteer or anyone else. Making a Safeguarding Alert just means reporting the concerns to be addressed within the safeguarding procedures.

Who is responsible for raising a safeguarding alert NHS?

Local Authorities have statutory responsibility for safeguarding. In partnership with health they have a duty to promote wellbeing within local communities. Cooperate with each of its relevant partners in order to protect adults experiencing or at risk of abuse or neglect.

Can I raise a safeguarding concern anonymously?

Reporting a concern

It can be difficult to know what to do if you think a child is at risk. … The sooner you contact your local children’s social care duty team, the quicker they can act. They’re available 24 hours a day, and can make an anonymous report if that feels safer.

Who should you contact if you have a concern about safeguarding?

Contact the First Response Team (adult social services):

THIS IS IMPORTANT:  Are body guards worth it?

Telephone 020 8489 1400.

How do you set up safeguarding?

Make a report of what you’ve seen and any evidence that would support your claim, including time and date. Do this in line with your educational organisation’s child protection policy. Report what you have seen to a superior or a designated safeguarding lead (DSL) who will then take the issue further if they see fit.

When should you raise a safeguarding alert?

If a child is suffering or at risk of significant harm, you can raise a safeguarding alert, giving the appropriate information to the right people.

Do you need consent to raise a safeguarding?

Raising safeguarding concerns

If you have reasons to believe an adult patient is being abused or is at risk, take the following steps: … If the patient has capacity, you should usually seek their consent before taking action.

Where do I report safeguarding issues?

Please call the 24 hour Safeguarding helpline on 0203 373 0440.

If you want to:

  • Report abuse.
  • Find out more information.
  • Raise a concern because you are worried about an adult at risk of abuse or neglect.

How do you support others to raise concerns?

Support for the person raising a concern

  1. thank the person for raising the concern.
  2. listen to them carefully.
  3. take the concern seriously and.
  4. reassure them that: the concern will be handled sensitively. they have done the right thing by raising the concern, and. they will not be treated badly, even if no risks are identified.

Can I find out who reported me to social services?

No one other than social services will ever know you are the one who made the report. The dispatcher and the caseworker are the only ones who will likely know your name and will not release it to the abuser, the victim, or anyone else.

THIS IS IMPORTANT:  Do protection orders stay on your record?

How do I report safeguarding vulnerable adults?

You can pass on your concerns to the person’s GP and social worker. Local authorities have social workers who deal specifically with cases of abuse and neglect. Call the person’s local council and ask for the adult safeguarding co-ordinator. You can also speak to the police about the situation.

What should I do if I am worried about my child?

If you think that a child or young person is at risk from abuse or neglect, contact us immediately. If you feel urgent action is needed contact the police on 999. If you suspect ill treatment of a child or young person you can: contact Children’s Services on 020 8583 6600 option 2.