How do I fix my HP protected ink cartridge?
CLick the radio button next to “Disable HP Cartridge Protection”. Click the “Save Setting” button to save your new setting. Then, close the window. You might need to remove and re-install the cartridge for it to be recognised properly.
How do I reset my HP protected ink cartridge?
A. Easiest method to DISABLE ‘Cartridge Protection’ feature (or if your printer is not connected to the internet)
- On the printer’s control panel display select Setup.
- From the Setup menu select Tools.
- From Tools menu scroll down to select Restore Factory Defaults.
How do you remove HP protected ink cartridge?
Go to Settings from the menu on your printer. Click on “Disable HP Cartridge protection”. Select “Disable”. Click on “Apply and Save”.
How do you bypass an incompatible HP ink cartridge?
Here is a general procedure to override the incompatible HP ink cartridge:
- Remove all of the cartridges from the printer.
- Place the incompatible ink cartridge back in the printer.
- Power off the printer and unplug its power cord from the wall– wait 10-15 minutes.
- Plug the power cord back in and power on the printer.
How do I remove a protected ink cartridge?
Should you have a printer that’s not connected to the internet, you can go to “settings” on the printer menu and simply select the “disable cartridge protection” option available. Alternatively, if your printer has internet connectivity you can open up a browser on a PC or laptop and type in your printer’s IP address.
How do I get my HP printer to recognize my refilled cartridge?
Remove the empty cartridge and refill it. Insert an additional full cartridge into the printer. Turn on the printer and wait for it to recognize the cartridge. Remove the additional cartridge before printing an alignment page.
Can I still use HP Instant Ink after Cancelling?
When you cancel the HP Instant Ink service, it will still be valid until the end of the current Free Plan or any of the paid plans. After this, your HP Instant Ink cartridge will not work, and you need to replace it with standard replacement ink cartridges.
What does Protected cartridge mean?
What is HP cartridge protection? Once a cartridge has been installed in a printer it is marked as ‘protected’, so it can only be installed in that machine. This obviously means it cannot be refilled to use in another printer, essentially forcing it to landfill.
Why does my HP printer say incompatible ink cartridge?
Most cartridge errors are caused by a communication breakdown between the printer and the chip on the cartridge, and there is a simple fix for this. First, take all of the cartridges out of the printer (including any that are working, or do not need replacement).
How do I get my HP printer to print without color ink?
Set grayscale print properties (Windows)
- In your software application, click Print.
- Select your printer from the list of available printers.
- Click the option that opens the Printer Properties dialog box. …
- Click the Features tab, click the Grayscale drop-down menu, and then click Black Ink Only.
How do you trick HP Instant Ink?
How can I trick my HP ink cartridge?
- Remove the ink cartridge from the printer carriage. Turn the cartridge over so that you are looking at the copper contacts.
- Place a small piece of clear tape over the seventh copper contact in the second row of contacts from the left side. …
- Keep that piece of tape on the contact.