Patricia A. Schmitt, CPP
Patricia Schmitt started her career the contract security industry in 1985, when she began as a security officer while attending college. Ms. Schmitt has devoted her career to improving the professionalism of the security industry through outstanding customer service, establishing herself as a respected practitioner and working to change legislation that impacts the industry as a whole.
Over her career, Ms. Schmitt has worked with four national security agencies and has held many positions from Security Officer to President and CEO. In 2005, Ms. Schmitt began her own professional security agency until she sold the agency in 2012 and remained with the acquiring agency. Her experience and knowledge in the security industry is extensive and she has used that information to expand and improve the perception of our industry.
During Ms. Schmitt’s tenure in the industry, she has volunteered her time to the following associations and councils:
- 1987 – Present: Member of ASIS International and Past Chairman for the Florida West Coast Chapter. Received Certified Protection Professional (CPP) status in 1997. Appointed to the ASIS International Physical Security Council in 2013.
- 2003 – Present: Serves as the Florida Association of Security Companies (FASCO) Treasurer/Secretary. Assists FASCO in passing numerous legislative bills.
- 2006 – Present: Member of International Association of Security and Investigative Regulators (IASIR). Ms. Schmitt was voted to serve on the Board as the Security Industry Representative in 2012.
- 2003 – 2011: Appointed by the Commissioner of Agriculture to serve on the Florida Private Investigative, Recovery and Security Advisory Council for an eight-year term.
- Numerous awards were received as a Woman Owned Business owner with Aegis Protective Services, Inc. before selling in 2012.
- Member of Community Association Institute
- Past Member of Building Owners Managers Association (BOMA)
- Past Member of International Association of Hospital Safety and Security (IAHSS).
- COMPACT Council - Worked with the FDLE and Federal Agencies to pass the PSOEAA. Attended three meetings in Washington DC providing information to support security agencies receiving CHRI for employee selection purposes.
Ms. Schmitt currently holds a Class M License – Security/Investigative Agency Manager with the State of Florida (F.S. 493).